The Washington Waldorf School employs teachers with a love of students and teaching. We seek teachers and staff with experience and training in Waldorf education and an abiding interest in the foundational philosophy of the school. We also welcome teachers new to Waldorf education if they have a serious interest in developing themselves as Waldorf teachers. Specific qualifications for positions will be listed with individual job postings. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive faculty, and we encourage applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups.
WWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Faculty Chair/Head of School (Updated November 24, 2020)
WWS is seeking a new Faculty Chair/ Head of School, beginning in late spring of 2021. The School is at an exciting juncture of its mission, having just celebrated the its 50th anniversary, and is seeking to expand its role as an educational leader. We are looking for a proven leader ready to foster the continued growth of the School into the future.
Through collaborative leadership, the Faculty Chair/Head of School is responsible for facilitating the work of governance, faculty, administration, and community to achieve our strategic goals for WWS.
Working closely with the College of Teachers, the Operations Manager, and the Trustees Council, the successful candidate would:
- Be committed to the ideals of Waldorf education
- Have experience working in a Waldorf school and preferably be a trained Waldorf teacher and/or administrator
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Further the school’s vision and facilitate strategic planning for WWS
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to foster an environment of social inclusion and diversity
- Demonstrate a commitment to curriculum reflecting our anti-racist stance
- Oversee the school’s administration, including financial, legal, pedagogical and operational matters
- Have demonstrated administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- As Faculty Chair be able to work effectively with the College of Teachers, Trustees Council, Department Chairs, faculty and staff
- As Head of School, represent the school to parents, the larger community, professional organizations, and support fundraising
WWS is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community. As an equal opportunity employer, we enthusiastically welcome all qualified applicants for employment consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, economic status, political affiliation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran's status.
Compensation for this full time salaried position is based on experience and includes full tuition remission, medical benefits, and a retirement plan.
A complete position description is available upon request.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Steve Smith. No phone calls please.
Children’s Garden Substitute(s) (Re-Posted October 28, 2020)
WWS is seeking substitute teachers to be on call for our Children’s Garden, effective immediately. We offer classes for infants through age 6, in both the morning and afternoon. Requirements include experience and enthusiasm for working with young children and ability to pass a Maryland criminal background check. A bachelor’s degree, Waldorf training or experience, as well as availability on potentially short notice are preferred. This is an hourly position that does not offer benefits, but is a great opportunity to gain experience in a thriving Waldorf school. To apply please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attn: Steve Smith. No phone calls please.