The Washington Waldorf School employs teachers with a love of students and teaching. We seek teachers with experience and training in Waldorf education and an abiding interest in the foundational philosophy of the school. We also welcome teachers new to Waldorf education if they have a serious interest in developing themselves as Waldorf teachers. Specific qualifications for positions will be listed with individual job postings.
Parent-Child Class Assistant (Posted February 4, 2015)
Parent and child class assistant needed for Friday mornings from 8:15 till noon beginning in late February. The assistant should have a strong understanding of Waldorf education and enjoy working with young children and adults. Handwork skills along with good interpersonal and organizational skills important. Please email cover letter and resume to Marie Maurer. No phone calls please.
Full Time High School Teacher: Math with Technology/Science (Posted January 22, 2015)
- Teach grades 9-12
- Teach year-long skills courses & some 3-4 week block courses
- Teach full range of high school math topics, and some science and/or technology topics
- Other duties include student advising, curriculum development & professional development, faculty meetings & committees, communication with parents, student trips/activities
- Participate in life of independent school, including school events
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
- Will work with adolescents with a variety of learning styles and different levels of skill and ability
- July 2015 start date
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching experience required *applications that do not meet this minimum requirement will not be considered*
- Advanced degree, high school teaching experience and Waldorf teaching credentials preferred
- If coming without Waldorf teaching credentials, will be required to participate in additional professional development
Pay & Benefits
- FT salary
- Health insurance with HSA
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Tuition remission
To apply please email cover letter and resume or C.V. to Marie Maurer. No phone calls please.
Operations Manager (Posted December 8, 2014)
Washington Waldorf School invites applications for the position of Operations Manager. This position works with the Faculty Chair to develop and manage financial activities, administrative functions, human resource policies, facilities maintenance, adherence to state and local safety and insurance regulations, and information technology support. The position reports to the Faculty Chair, is a member of the Chairs Group, and works closely with the Trustees Council, including attending regular meetings with the Trustees Council Treasurer and Finance Committee. Applicants must hold a college degree, and have experience in business, finance, and accounting. Waldorf School experience and an MBA or CPA is preferred. More information can be emailed upon request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Marie Maurer.